A is for Affordable: Why the Nissan Versa Is One of the Best Cars for the Money
An efficient car can still be a blast to drive.
Just because you have a tight budget doesn’t mean you have to scrimp on style and performance. The 2019 Nissan Versa hits on all points. Top features include aerodynamic styling, advanced safety updates, the infotainment you need to stay connected, and a comfortable interior that offers convenient access to the controls.
Head into your local Palmdale, CA Nissan dealership for a test drive today to see why the Nissan Versa is one of the best cars for your money.
Highlights of the 2019 Nissan Versa
First, we can't go much further without mentioning the price. The MSRP for the 5-seat Nissan Versa sedan starts at a budget-pleasing $12,460. That’s the “lowest starting MSRP in America.”
Are you looking for a safe, reliable car for your teen driver? Or, maybe you’ve landed your dream job and are “adulting” with your first auto purchase. Either way, there is more than enough to love about the Nissan Versa.
The 2019 Nissan Versa comes in three trims: 1.6 S, 1.6 S+, and 1.6 SV.
Even though the Nissan Versa is a compact car, there is nothing “compact” about the interior.
You’ll find generous space throughout, including a roomy back seat that has more than enough legroom for friends. Traveling with lots of gear? It'll fit fine, thanks to smart storage and a trunk that offers 14.9-cubic feet of cargo space.
You’ll gain even more room with the 60/40 split fold-down rear seats that can hold almost anything you want.
Here’s another way to continue saving money long after you’ve bought your car. You can get where you want without spending a fortune on gas. The 2019 Nissan Versa sedan gets an impressive 27 MPG in the city, and 36 MPH on the highway.
There is more than enough “get up and go” with the standard 1.6-liter DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine. You’ve got the power to hit the road with 109-hp at 6,000 rpm and 107-lb.ft. of torque.
Drivetrain and Transmission
The Nissan Versa sedan comes in standard front-wheel drive (FWD), which offers the handling you need, rain or shine.
The transmission is a 5-speed manual XTRONIC CVT® (Continuously Variable Transmission)
Safety on the road is always a concern, whether you’re commuting to school or work. The 2019 Nissan Versa sedan has an array of advanced systems. Nissan Intelligent Mobility surrounds you with confidence in three key areas: monitoring the car’s systems, assisting with unexpected situations, and helping prevent accidents before they happen.
Nissan Intelligent Mobility:
- Six standard airbags
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD), which adjusts rear brake force based on extra weight in the back seat or cargo in the trunk
- Anti-Lock Brake System
You also have the convenience of rearview monitor that displays everything directly behind you on a 7-inch touchscreen display. That can come in handy when you’re backing out of a parking space or your driveway or you’re about to run into that garbage can you forgot to bring in last night.
Today’s drivers want all the toys in a car.
The available Nissan Intelligent Mobility brings your music, apps, and maps along for the ride. Sync up to your smart devices with available Apple CarPlay or Android Auto connectivity. Apple CarPlay is equipped with Siri voice control and you’ll also have access to the iTunes library, Apple Music playlists, maps, and more.
Android Auto connects you to Google Maps and Google Play music. You can also “Hey Google” with the voice-controlled Google Assistant.
Other standard and available infotainment features include:
- 7-inch touchscreen display
- SiriusXM radio
- Bluetooth® hands-free phone & Bluetooth® Streaming Audio
- USB input
Standard and Available Features at a Glance:
- Drivetrain: Front-Wheel Drive
- Engine: 1.6-liter DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder
- Power: 109-hp @ 6,000 rpm / 107-lb.ft. of torque
- Transmission: 5-speed manual XTRONIC CVT
- Cargo Space: 14.9-cubic feet of trunk space/w 60/40 split fold-down rear seat
- Fuel efficiency: 27 MPG City / 36 MPG HWY
- Safety: Nissan Intelligent Mobility (avail), Electronic Brake Force Distribution, Anti-lock Brakes, RearView Monitor
- Infotainment: Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, SiriusXM Radio, Bluetooth hands-free calling/Streaming Audio, USB input
- 7-inch touchscreen display
Why Nissan Versa?
To understand why the Nissan Versa is the best car for the money, you need to do a comparison to other brands, including the Hyundai Accent, Ford Fiesta, and Chevy Rio and Kia Sonic.
- 2019 Nissan Versa Value: Starting MSRP: $12,460
- 2018 Hyundai Accent: $14,995
- 2019 Chevy Sonic: $16,170
- 2019 Kia Rio: $13,900
- 2019 Nissan Versa: 39 MPG Highway
- 2018 Hyundai Accent: 38 MPG
- 2018 Ford Fiesta: 27 MPG
- 2018 Chevy Sonic: 25 MPG
- Standard 7-inch touchscreen monitor
- Not available standard on the 2018 Chevy Sonic, Hyundai Accent or Ford Fiesta
- 2019 Nissan Versa: 38.3 inches
- 2018 Chevy Sonic: 34.6 inches
- 2018 Hyundai Accent: 33.5 inches
- 2018 Ford Fiesta: 31.2 inches
- 2019 Nissan Versa: 14.9-cu.ft.
- 2018 Hyundai Accent: 13.7-cu.ft.
- 2018 Kia Rio: 13.7-cu.ft.
- 2018 Ford Fiesta: 12.8-cu.ft.
The Nissan Versa continues to rack up industry awards, including:
- 2017 Nissan Versa Sedan: Best in Class Vehicle Satisfaction Economy Car (AutoPacific)
- Best Selling Vehicle in its Class
- 2017 Nissan Versa: 10 Most Affordable New Cars (Compiled from 2011 – 2016)
Buy a 2019 Nissan Versa
If you're looking for an affordable, reliable vehicle, the Nissan Versa is one of the best cars for the money.
You can call our office today to schedule an appointment. Our experienced sales team looks forward to helping you find the right car for your budget and needs.